Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Lunsford, pg. 77
This essay focuses on the role audience plays in composition theory and pedagogy. The author(s) make a good point in saying that " to many teachers, the choice seems limited to a single option - to be for or against an emphasis on audience in composition courses." I feel like this was the main, and most importatnt, point in this essay. The idea that a writer must "imagine" his or her audience is also brought up, as well as the basic importance of the writer - audience relationship. When the authors wrote about Mitchell and Taylor's writing models, I thought it was very interesting that one of them was called the "written product" model, when so much of what we've talked about is how this is not about creating a product, but the process, itself. I also liked that Lunsford broke down Ong's essay and gave her perspective on it. I had had a difficult time really following and understanding Ong's essay, but this made it more understandable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment